Thursday, July 1, 2010

Post HOW OFTEN???

Wow, so much for good intentions when I last wrote that I'd post every Sunday!  Looking back, I think I can honestly blame it on the cool, wet spring we had in the northwest.  I think we even broke a record by June 4th by surpassing the normal rainfall totals for the entire month in the first 3-4 days.  I can't be sure, though, because I was on Maui.  

What can I say?  I needed sunshine!  My friend, Terry, invited me for 10 days in paradise, and not being one to disappoint, I decided to go and keep her company.  She lives upcountry, which means not down along the crowded coastline, but higher up the flank of Mt. Haleakala, an extinct volcano.  At that higher elevation, one is treated to panoramic views and cooler temperatures, courtesy of the trade winds.  And paradise it was -- beautiful flowers, ferns, palm trees, a spacious house, open to the breezes, a private pool, and to top it off, Terry gave me the master suite!

No comments:

Post a Comment