Sunday, April 1, 2012

Project for another group

I'm also a member of the Salem Art Group, and we're having our first group exhibition, Blue.  Here's my contribution:

Sea Hunt.

Sea Hunt, detail.
This project used the fabric collage techniques from Susan Carlson's two books, Freestyle Quilts and Serendipity Quilts.  I made two others years ago, which were my first venture into art quilting.  This one is different, as it's mounted on canvas stretcher bars, for a nice, clean finish.
Here are some of the works by other members.  (Excuse the poor photography; I didn't want to disturb the diners to get my photos, so some are awkward.)

By Dayna Collins.

Three pieces by Jami Moffatt.

Gelatin monoprints by Kathy Shen.

Mixed media painting by Linda West.

Painting by Katy Vigeland.

Second painting by Katy Vigeland.

Beautiful koi painting by Susan Browning (too bad it's blurry!).
I got shots of the others, but none that were good enough to include here.
The show is up through the end of May at Venti's Cafe, downtown Salem on Court St.

No comments:

Post a Comment