Saturday, January 31, 2015

Facebook Artists' Challenge

Lynda Christiansen, my friend from the Valley South SAQA group (Eugene), nominated me for the Facebook Artists' Challenge.  By accepting the nomination, I will post three photos of my work on fb for 5 days, and nominate a new artist each of those days.

Before I do my first post, I thought I'd share a nice surprise that came in yesterday's mail:




What a nice-looking certificate!  I think it deserves a frame.

Along with the certificate was a letter from gallery coordinator Janne LaValle, with some news about the In Stitches 2015 show.   Janne wrote

The quality [of the show quilts] placed the practice of quilting into the fine art category, definitely not your grandmother's quilts.  With this impression made, we are happy to announce the In Stitches 2015 theme will be Not Your Grandmother's Quilts.

The timeline will be similar to the 2014 show, with digital entries due in Sept., notifications in Oct., and delivery in Nov. Look for the Call to Artists [Pacific Park Gallery] for exact dates.  

Our goal is to bring arts to the Oregon Coast that will challenge and encourage artistic exploration.
Better put that on my calendar for September and share the news with others!

See my Nov. 7, 2014 post about the In Stitches 2014 show.




No comments:

Post a Comment